Effective: November 20, 2018
Last Modified: November 20, 2018
Phillip Maranville website(s), which include harborpeninsularealty.com and all its sub-domains, folders, and files contained, (herein referred to as the “Website” or “Site”) is owned and operated by Phillip Maranville (herein referred to as the “Company”). The terms “we”, “us”, “our” and words of similar import refer to the Company. The terms “you,” “user,” “visitor” and words of similar import refer to any person making use of any content, products, services, or functionalities on the Site.
The Company maintains the Site to provide information on its real estate services, (herein referred to as the “Services”), and to market the Services to potential customers. In doing so, it may collect personal information from you to improve the Services, as well as the marketing and user experience, to you and others with similar interests.
1. Information Collected
You may visit the Site anonymously. However, when making use of certain functionalities of the Site, we collect two types of information from you: i) information that you voluntarily provide to us (e.g. through voluntary registration, creation of accounts, requests for information, placement of orders, etc.); and ii) information that is derived through automated tracking mechanisms.
- Voluntary User Registration & Account Information.
In order to fully access this Site, you must first complete the user registration process, during which we will collect personal information about you. The registration information includes, but is not limited to, your full name, email address, phone numbers, IP address, and your mailing address (optional).
- Voluntary Information for Services and Features
The Site also collects personally identifiable information when you choose to use certain other features of the Site, including but not limited to, requesting additional information. When you choose to use these additional features, we may require you to provide or update personal information in addition to other personal information that may be required to complete a transaction. Occasionally, we may also request information such as your preferences and demographics which will help us better serve you and our others users in the future.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting – This feature provides us insight into behavior information relating to visitor age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate level. This information is not provided at the level of a specific user. This feature helps us understand browsing behavior to give you a better experience while visiting our site.
- DoubleClick Platform and Remarketing with Google Analytics – This feature integrates our web analytics and paid advertising platforms together to give us additional insight. This allows us to better tailor the advertising and offers you see while visiting other sites.
2. Information Usage
Personally identifiable information is used to provide you with the service intended and to continuously develop a more enjoyable, convenient online experience, and to help us identify and/or provide information, products or services that may be of interest to you. We use your personally identifiable information to support and enhance your use of the Site and its features, including without limitation: fulfilling your information request; contacting you to followup with your requests; providing customer service; and otherwise supporting your use of the Site.
The Site uses your personally identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience
Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website
We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions
Other than for the express purpose of processing the transaction or delivering the purchased product or service requested, your personally identifiable information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
- To send periodic emails
The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to the service or your orders.
We may share personally identifiable or other information with our parent, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and other individuals or companies we hire or contract with to provide services.
The Site does not and will not sell, disclose, trade, give, or otherwise transfer personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties other than third parties who need to know in order to deliver products or services on behalf of the Site, except in the limited circumstances set forth below:
- We will release any information to parties we deem appropriate if we believe it is necessary to do so in order to comply with the law, enforce the Site policies, bring legal action against those who do not comply with the law or Site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
- We ourselves may use your personally identifiable information for target advertising toward you based on things such as region, gender, interests, goals, habits, etc. However, we will not transfer your personally identifiable information to another company for advertising purposes.
- We may permit certain trusted third parties to track usage, analyze data such as the source web address that a page request is coming from, your IP address or domain name, the date and time of the page request, a referring Web site and other parameters in the URL. This is collected in order to better understand our Web site usage, and enhance the performance of services to maintain and operate the Site and certain features on the Site. We may use third parties to host the Site; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders.
- We may transfer personally identifiable information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
However, non-personally identifiable information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, and other uses. We use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our website and for business and administrative purposes. We may also use or share with third parties for any purpose aggregated data that contains no personally identifiable information.
3. Information Protection
We are committed to protecting the information we receive from you. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personally identifiable information against unauthorized access, alteration, misuse, disclosure, or destruction of data. Despite these precautions, however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personally identifiable information.
4. Accessing and Updating Personal Information and Preferences
We provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personal information for many of our services. You may modify or remove your personal information at any time by contacting us.
5. Email Choice/Opt-out
If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications, you may opt-out of receiving these communications by emailing us from the email address on your account to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We, therefore, will not distribute your personal information to outside parties in a manner that is not outlined above without your consent.
As part of the California Online Privacy Protection Act, all users of our site may make any changes to their information at anytime by logging into their account and going to the ‘Edit Profile’ page.
7. Disclaimer to Security
8. Notification of Changes
9. Legal Jurisdiction
We control and operate this website from within the United States. Our online privacy practices are governed by the laws of the United States and the state of California, which may differ from the privacy laws in your state or home country.
10. Contact Information:
P.O. Box 4974
Palos Verdes Peninsula, California 90274
United States of America